 Off-Topic / Debate / 10068
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:48:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
richard marchetti wrote:

I guess that leaves open the question of the degree to which Israel is the
home of Jews AND the home of Palestinians.  I don't favor either side, I see
blood on everyone's hands.  I thought for a while there they were going to
declare two independent states, Israel and Palestine - I mean, if they can't
play well together, let them play apart from each other.  Why didn't that
work out? Or can it still?  Seems like an excellent solution to me.

I thought for a while that they (the UK) DID declare two independent
states... Israel and Jordan. When the UK partitioned Palestine, that was the
idea. Jordan was to be one part, and Israel the other.

Why didn't that work out?

Or, why do the Palestinians want to keep dividing Israel? If Israel divides
again, will they stop? Or will they then want to divide the remaining half
again, and again, and again? Why hasn't Arafat disavowed the goal of
completely removing Israel? Why does he use kids for terrorists?

I'm not sure it's possible to find a two state solution either.

++Lar