 Off-Topic / Debate / 10063
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 14:58:06 GMT

Turkey and Israel are "free to take care of it". However,  both have a
history of ignoring human rights and murdering civilians in the process.

That's the way of blood feuds.  Or gang-warfare.  Or <your phrase of choice
here>!

Still, a less polemical tone might be more appropriate for someone in Great
Britian.  Britain is hardly a country without fault, historically speaking.
If the sun never set on the British empire, believe me -- it's control was
built upon atrocities with a human cost.  Don't get me started...

And it's not as though the U.S. is much better, I am not exactly defending
it's record either.  I don't think I could stomach that...

<snip>

Man I hate it when you're right about something! A less polemical tone on
the part of US and UK (and Israeli and USSR and etc etc. heck, on the part
of all of us) speakers would indeed be a good idea.

++Lar