 Off-Topic / Debate / 10047
Re: A question of remembrance...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:55:59 GMT

Scott A wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Selçuk Göre writes:

Scott A wrote:

earth. He has been killing off the marsh Arabs in the south and the Kurds in
the north (he gassed their villages in 1989). But there's no justice in making
the Iraqis (especially children) suffer and die under these inhumane sanctions.
There is no way those poor people can overthrow him. He's like the boogieman.
The Kurds tried to right after the Gulf War, as urged by George Bush, but then
America backstabbed them and let them get slaughtered.

Ah. But a certain NATO country is no friend to the kurds either.

Scott A

Kurdish people not equal to PKK just like Irish people not equal to
IRA. I hope this would help. And if the film "In The Name of My Father"
(http://us.imdb.com/Title?0107207) has any truth in it,