 Off-Topic / Debate / 1002
    Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page) —Lindsay Frederick Braun
    (...) BTW, The preposition rule doesn't really exist. It's up there with the one that says "never split infinitives," which doesn't really exist either. Bill Bryson wrote a rather entertaining exposition on it in _Mother Tongue_ that made a (...) (25 years ago, 21-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

        Re: Gun debate (was Re: New Web Page) —Jasper Janssen
   (...) I just noticed today that one of the Teletubbies is an ObMelanin-challenged character. I thought they kept PC out of that show (considering Mr Falwell's recent gaffe), but alack, no such luck. Jasper (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)