 Off-Topic / Debate / 10008
  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Heh heh, I see what you mean. That was a big ol' can of worms! ;^) (...) If you want specifics, I've got doosy for you-- In October of 1990, NBC aired a "special" on Nostrodamis's predictions of world tyrants (by the way, all that Nostradamis (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) I don't remember that special, but--more than just propaganda--it's playing to public expectation. If it had aired two years earlier, no doubt Qaddafi (has anyone ever agreed on an English spelling of his name?) would have been the target. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Great point, Dave! And that's exactly my point of the media twisting things to suit a political purpose--hence propaganda. (...) I remember it because it ticked me off. I ended up recording it on video. (...) It's not just the lies, but the (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)