 Off-Topic / Debate / *8666 (-10)
  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Bad, methinks, for us LUGNETers. I think that the level of freedom and topic range would be more exposed to censor. I don't think that LUGNET should EVER be sold, and I'm willing to put my money forth just to keep it the way it is. LUGNET is (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Well, one things for sure- If Lugnet bought TLC, we'd never again wonder what theme a given sub-theme was in, as the new nesting logos would clearly tell us where it belonged. eric (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

"Kevin Zwicker" <kevin1@netrover.com> wrote in message news:G708KC.J3B@lugnet.com... (...) I would be happier if Lugnet bought TLC Then at least we might seem some decent sets :-) regards lawrence (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

No, it means that they'd put Flash all over the site, and menus that loaded REAAAALLL slow, and generally muck up a perfectly good setup. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Hmm. This would mean that there would be a large number of newsgroups, each specially designed for a specific purpose. Wait, we've already got that. Steve (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) (URL) suspect it got lost in the Christmas/NewYear holiday rush, as there was no reply to it. It's also possibile that David no longer wishes to continue the discussion - that it's run its course. I don't mind either continuing it or dropping (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Kevin Zwicker wrote in message ... (...) Just to qualify this: LUGNET is the centre of the ADULT Lego community on the Web. In spite of what's said on here about Lego's own website, they get a very large number of hits and it's a very popular and (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) Yes but T&S would have to want to sell it. (...) knight. This is an interesting point. I wonder how much LUGNET is worth to TLC. I expect it increases sales in a small way - I wonder by how much though? Anyone any idea/willing to guess? (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: What would happen if ... TLC bought Lugnet ?

(...) They could send us plane tickets along with the wedding invites to LLC. ;^) I think TLC would likely "Juniorize" the place. *shudder* ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact