 Off-Topic / Debate / *8321 (-5)
  Re: It IS about Taxation

(...) Yes it can be so argued... (and yes, it's a bit plowed but worth reexamination) A few points to consider: - While the constitution speaks of coinage, it does not reserve coinage as a (federal OR state) government monopoly. - Coinage (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Arguing about nature, Nature, and ethics

In my last post, news:G5xxB1.3tv@lugnet.com..., I wrote the following: (...) This is also the bridge connecting parents to their children - another aspect of "social relationships". Why do parents raise their children rather than the state? Or, why (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Problems with Christianity

(...) Exactly. Which is one thing I'm looking for. Supportable flaws in my reasoning using reasoning, not emotion. I don't care if it's from a Christian or not. My initial post served a few functions. A. To test whether or not the Christian debate (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Change? Somewhat verbose...

(...) Same hear. I know that I have left some folk's questions unanswered specifically directed at me and I apologize for not responding but lack of time is the reason. Ideally, I would like to get F2F with some of y'all over a beer and have at (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: It IS about Taxation

(...) Can it not be argued that by participating in the monetary system deployed by a government (in accordance, in the US, with the Constitution) a tax is simply a "service charge" for using goverment property (money)? That is, if you don't want to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact