 Off-Topic / Debate / *6656 (-10)
  Re: A little self examination?

(...) A little introspection can be healthy, too much self analysis can be paalyzing and counter-productive. I believe that any valid points he had to make were outweighed by his aggressive, nay combative, immature, and myopic attitude. However, (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Tim Courtney wrote in message ... (...) point, (...) have (...) I think your friend is right... As a newcommer, I also have this experience. But I think that is common in a "community", in whatever media it is represented in. Sometimes it feels (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: A little self examination?

(...) I think you're on to something there. There have been some not very nice incidents. It's so easy for us, in the heat of the moment, to let our indignation climb until we say things we might not have meant to say in a calmer moment. No one has (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)

(...) Don't overreact the other way either, I for one figured that you hadn't seen the ban when you posted and just wanted to make sure that people realised it's (mostly) over, and we should put it behind us and move on. (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My tribute

Well, whatever it was, it's gone now. I got a small piece of text saying it had been removed at the request of a friend when trying to access that link. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  A little self examination?

This whole thing has gotten me thinking -- Matthew was out to prove a point, right? Matthew is also a jerk and has serious problems, right. But, just because he carried himself *very* poorly here doesn't mean he might not have something valuable to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate) !

  Re: My tribute

(...) Two people already marked the above as "Spotlight." That's disappointing. :-( Jude, I don't care if you put pages up like this (it's your right, naturally) but I would *really* appreciate it if you kept my name and LUGNET's name out of it. (...) (24 years ago, 18-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact