 Off-Topic / Debate / *4201 (-5)
  Ok Larry: US vs Canadian Discounts

Actually, Larry, I am interested in your take on the types of discounts that stores offer during a sale. For the benefit of other readers, we Canadians (at least on the West Coast) had lamented that we only occasionally see 10% - 15% mark-downs for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Tell us (was: Found Discounted 5978; and Clearance Question)

(...) Ok, why are the US stores seem to be more concerned with moving merchandise out and why they can afford to give steeper discounts? (Note: If you say something incredibly horrible, disgusting, shocking, vulgar, I will not lash out at you, cuz I (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

Susan Olson wrote in message ... (...) the (...) Certainly eBay owns the format and technology that makes the listings possible. Certainly the seller owns the text used to describe the item. But certainly eBay can not be forced to give away the (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "Justice Probes eBay for Antitrust"

William A. Swanberg wrote in message ... (...) thing: (...) If the DOD hadn't allowed the internet to expand beyond the government, it would have just delayed the internet for a while. By the time the internet started to be useful, Usenet was (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: 4558 doors(x4) for exchange

(...) This post was to trainheads, most of us don't mind being spammed with metroliner parts for trade! James P (25 years ago, 6-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact