 Off-Topic / Debate / 4201
Ok Larry: US vs Canadian Discounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 03:17:53 GMT

Actually, Larry, I am interested in your take on the types of discounts that
stores offer during a sale.  For the benefit of other readers, we Canadians (at
least on the West Coast) had lamented that we only occasionally see 10% - 15%
mark-downs for clearance sales on "older" Lego sets, while our American friends
more often see discounts as deep as 50%.

I've had some Canadian and American points of view in marketing and business
classes in my management degree program, so it could very well be we have the
same opinion.

What's your take?