 Off-Topic / Debate / 4212
Re: Ok Larry: US vs Canadian Discounts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 23:57:08 GMT

You're from Windsor! Can't you see the US just by looking out the window?

;-)

I don't know if you have Winners stores in Ontario, but I've found some great
sets cheap in Calgary. I got a couple Cyberslam kits with motors & the
pneumatic Sub set for $30 Cdn each. Of course the Sub set was missing the
pneumatic parts, so I'll have to contact Lego to see if I can get replacement
parts. Unfortunately Winners didn't have any more sets, so I couldn't take it
back for replacement. Ironically I wouldn't have cared (much) if the regular
submarine parts were missing, because it was the pneumatic stuff I was really
after.

MG

Thus the USA
would have far more margin to move on the prices when "clearance" time comes
around.  Maybe this is part of what you were getting at Larry.

Ultimately, I just wish LEGO would go cheap in Canada, too, but what can you
do.  Things could be a lot worse from what I seen...

  Kyle D. Jackson
   LUGNETer #203
Windsor, Ontario, Canada