 Off-Topic / Debate / *3836 (-10)
  Re: True Right Wing Fascists

(...) Hmmm... I think religious views and where you stand politically are two different things. The people in the program. They used their own religion (Aryan church, if I remember right) to spread their fascist statements / racist. etc. I am not (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

(...) That's not what he said at all. He's saying that others would victimize us if we did do that and made a success of it. And that's largely why it won't work in this country. The only way to be safe from the predations of others would be to turn (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) I've talked people into it who did answer the questions honestly, were placed by the test as libertarians, and who were similarly not tricked into believing that they were libertarians. It is my opinion that the questions on the test are (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

Jasper, (...) Can you name one corporation that has the power to burst into your home, arrest you and your family, take away your possessions, etc. I would love to know? Until then, the government has more power than *any* corporation. Oh yes, the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Which is exactly what is already happening with the increased threat of litigation and the _very_real_ possibility, nay certainty, of getting fired if someone can prove, or even intimate, that you were the cause of such an incident. Jasper (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Why should they be responsible if there were no way company X could reasonably have known chemical X was lethal? That's just random killing.[1] Jasper [1] Of careers, and possibly the people affected as well, as a direct consequence. (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) As another example, look at the people that AIDS from blood transfusions, while there were already good indications that HIV was transmitted through blood-contact ("it hasn't been proven yet that HIV causes AIDS!" (which is still true)), and (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) We don't? Seems to me we're well on the way there. Corporations are the "slightly clean" version of the Family, after all. Jasper (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

<38850672.B6A753EE@eclipse.net> <FoK7Jv.LHr@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) I think I'm willing to largely agree that those things will increase also. Paperwork for sure...and that's a (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

Pointless jabber... Jasper Janssen wrote in message <38acafe0.562152541@...et.com>... (...) It was a joke. (...) this (...) Why bother only changing a small community when its possible to change the world? Anyway, I am not afraid it won't work, and (...) (25 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact