 Off-Topic / Debate / *1751 (-5)
  Re: How to decide what art is worth (was Re: Extropianism

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37BF2A50.B6DC18...ger.net... (...) Quality takes time and effort. You can't just throw something together and have it be quality, unless you're some kind of genius. In films, quality can be (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil? (Was Re: POV-RAY orange color (0)

(...) Yes, in fact it does. The rules are the way they are because the devisers of the rules have desired outcomes and want the game to have certain characteristics. Why the devisers want those characteristics would be a matter for sociology or (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: How to decide what art is worth (was Re: Extropianism

(...) I apply the "in my living room" rule to art. If I'd be proud to have it displayed in my living room it's valuable art. If not, it may still be art, just not in my living room. Lots of the junk you find on college campuses, in fact most of it, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Extropianism

(...) Well, suppose you wanted to make an anti-war movie, and the test audience came out of the theater laughing and playing mock war. Would you conclude that you had done something wrong, or that the audience was just stupid and incapable of (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Extropianism

(...) Is it possible to evoke *a* particular response? Unless the response you want is for people to give you money for your work. (...) A good artist IMHO works independently of his audience. Pop artists might be a different story. -John (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact