 Off-Topic / Debate / *1511 (-10)
  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) In what way do you disagree with my take on democracy? It's the rule of the people - by vote - so as long as 51% of the people who vote think it's OK to kill me, then politically (if not morally) it is. Right? Wrong? Libertopia would be an (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

(...) Yes, I can tell you right now that I am splitting hairs with respect to this topic. I have very strong opinions about the topic and want to see the government work for every cent that they will get from me on this ticket. I am unsure of how (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

Larry, Like I said, the fetal tissue research I did not like. I think that is a BIG one. You might be surprised, Larry, but here is my views on what you said: 1) According to the Bible, Homosexuality is a sin and is detestable to God. (I can verse (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Perl rules!

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) It's a bigger gun, letting you shoot bigger things or alternatively make a larger whole where your foot used to be. I too like Perl, also C++. But my preference is for things like Delphi, Jade or Forte when I (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: What happened?

I'll again add my "in Liberatopia, life won't suck because someone will step in and help the needy" comment to Larry's comments below: (...) I would assume that religions which feel that all potential humans should be given their chance will pool (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What happened?

(...) I don't doubt that. I'd say the same is true in the UK. What I disagree with is your implicit assumption that just because you managed to get qualified etc. and you saw a few other people doing it, that must mean EVERYONE can, even without (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What happened?

Simon Robinson wrote in message ... (...) Its probably a better career than most, and its probably worth the investment. (...) temporary (...) reason (...) background (...) only (...) needed (...) me. (...) That is not true. This country (and yours, (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: What happened?

(...) Umm... A slowly fading rumble? -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Extropianism

Thanks to recent lugnet.FAQ rumblings and a nice chain of serendipitious references, I have been reminded of Extropianism. Robert Munafo's pages have an interesting summation (URL) is quite Libertarian, and like Libertarianism, puts a great deal of (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Photo Radar

I think you might be splitting hairs here. You're the vehicle owner. Unless it was stolen, you're responsible for what was done with the vehicle. Tell your drivers not to speed or they will have to pay the tickets and increased insurance costs for (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact