 Off-Topic / Debate / *12411 (-5)
  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GJ8yo0.77@lugnet.com... (...) Personally, I do think there is place for individuals not to buy the product of a given company - or specifically favour those from a certain origin. A few years (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

I hear what you are saying - you make some very good points. But lets put China aside for a moment. Do you think we should trade with the very worst of governments in the hope that the revenues empower workers in some small way? Or do you think (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) More or less yes. Your fine product may be assembled in some other country, but it's componets can come from anywhere - from tiny resistors to motors. There is no 'pure' first world electronic products. Also where is your humanitarian concern (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Military Lego Sets

(...) :) <Smiles at both the monkey comment and the previous head steppin' fiasco> (...) So, Where do you teach at Lindsay? I assume you’re a professor? When you said ‘institution’ I deduced that it’s a school and not a ward!?! ;) --==Richard==-- (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Views on asylum seekers?

(...) So where do you draw the line? What is "safe for refugees"? What happens when (not if) a house deemed "safe enough" causes injury / death, and the nearest lawyer sues on their behalf? Who foots the bill (for either side)? And do you think (...) (23 years ago, 6-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact