 Off-Topic / Debate / *11756 (-10)
  Re: *Child* Handgun Death Rate

(...) I understand that you are not responding to me here, but I thank you anyway. I'm glad that someone else here actually understands that there are valid arguments against gun paranoia. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) Admittedly, no. At least as far as I knew, they weren't. At some remove, I can tell you I'd think I'd be less likely to intervene in a fist fight, though, than in a situation where someone had a gun drawn, assuming I was carrying. Fist fights (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) Not to lessen the significance of your prior actions, but for the context of this debate, were these life-or-death situations, on the street, in which you put yourself in harm's way for a stranger? Even if it was breaking up a fist fight (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

"Bruce Schlickbernd" <corsair@schlickbernd.org> wrote in message news:GGMv7M.CBM@lugnet.com... (...) entire national (...) peace and (...) West for a (...) they do (...) <snip> Funny, I have been carrying a concealed firearm for 5 years now and no (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) I don't agree. (...) I do agree - THAT is the answer. Stop penalizing law-abiding citizens (or unnecessarily making them criminals by outlawing something the Constitution protects), and swiftly/harshly deal with the real criminals. (...) And (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) And what if it doesn't work, what then? Are you going to reimburse everyone, or just say "sorry about that" and make everyone buy new ones? (...) Reread this one a few times, everyone, and think about what it means. Dan, on the other hand, you (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) Let's be realistic here: there is no *carnage*! I don't even agree that we have a "gun problem". The fact is - *less than* ONE PERCENT of firearms are used illegally! Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. There are over 200 million guns (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) I gave the wrong impression here. I am perfectly comfortable conversing with any level of profanity. I do so daily elsewhere. However, because I once had my posting priveledge suspended for the use of a word describing the excrement of a male (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: *Child* Handgun Death Rate

(...) I'd like to take issue with the word *accidental* above: The number of firearm related deaths under 21 actually includes juvenile offenders shot by police in the commission of crimes! More kids are killed each year by drowning in 5 gallon (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) I'll respect that request because I agree that those *words* don't need to be used. I didn't think the word I used (***hole) was not allowed on this forum because I'm pretty sure I've seen it used before (as well as the words I usually add (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact