 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 962 (-20)
  My favourite clone part/model...

... is without a doubt the Tyco Phone! What favourites do you have? /Tore (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Lincoln Logs

Not really a clone brand of LEGO, but where else do you stick it? Hey, I know that Hasbro/Knex has brought these back to the marketplace in recent years, much to the delight of baby boomers. Are there any sites that you know of that showcase (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

Rob Doucette wrote in message ... (...) Tyco Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

(...) That would be Tandem. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

(...) Sorry Frank, that's a mis-identification. Those bricks with the anchor are "Tandem"(sp) bricks. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

(...) I can't dig out my Coko stuff right now, but it might be Coko. I think Coko bricks are ABS also like LEGO (I think Megablocks is Polystyrene like plastic models), they certainly have the same feel. Frank (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

(...) I got a bunch of those in a bag of used stuff a while back. There was a mixture of the anchor with the two dots, some parts with COKO on the stud top and some with no markings. Most notable amoung the COKO stuff was a whole mess of 1 x 4 x 3 (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

(...) I found some of these in a batch I acquired over the summer and was wondering the same thing. I too thought they were more like LEGO and was impressed-- until I took a good look at the 1x1 bricks-- most of them were cracked. I guess they were (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Can Anybody Identify This Mark?

Here is a scan of a 2x4 brick and 2x3 plate: (URL) material looks like LEGO (vs. MegaBloks (sp?)), but the studs have a logo which looks like an anchor flanked by a dot on each side. Anyone know the brand of theses bricks. Don't know how they got (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Yes, but it also came in black. And in a bag of miscellaneous from the used toy store I found a white one. (...) Yes. Came in brown and black. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) The long pinkish red robe that goes down both the front and the back of the queen bokifig in 'Legends of the Lion Kingdom?' I will have to try that. The leather armor you are referring to...is that the armor that comes with the Vikings? Aaron (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) I'll take the black Mega-Blok sword. My favorite clone element might be the Mega-Blok leather armor, followed closely by the long robe which goes nicely with a LEGO hood to make a monk. JSA -- Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

Joe, It's good to hear that you still enjoy a good clone. Paul (...) hadn't (...) the (...) # (...) but (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Well, to be honest, I've only seen the Gladiator and Knight, and not the Ninja, so I can't make guarantees of the contents of that set. The Gladiator's torso is made up of individual bricks, a crossbar for the "backbone" and shoulders, and a (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Oh, is the breast plate part just armor? It looked more solid in the package... (...) Boys could always terrorize their sisters Barbie doll collection with 'em, though! (...) Since the LEGO parts only made siren/laser noises and flashed (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Oh. I see your point about the helmets, though there aren't really any torso parts as such (other than turntables with friction). I don't mind the scale, since they're intended as mech-style robot vehicles rather than action figures, but that (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) I'm thinking along the lines of the wolf/dragon/lion heads and the big torso parts and helmets on the warriors, ya' know? (Plus the strange, almost Barbie doll scale...) Useless for most other applications...same with the larger car (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) Only partially true! The body panels are indeed single pieces, but the sets include around 130 pieces (bricks, etc.) at a price point very favorable as compared to LEGO. Dave! (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) These cars are much cooler than I'd expected. At first glance, they seemed to be wholy constructed of SPUD-ish pieces, but in fact the set I bought for $12.99 had around 130 pieces, including about a dozen chromed elements and new monster (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New MB Castle Themed Blok Bots & More

(...) I saw the foozball set at Costco last week...since then, I've been contemplating how to make a LEGO Soccer foozball game myself. The mechs, talking trucks and other stuff don't really interest me though...folks complain about junioization in (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact