 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 789
Re: Need some help from US collectors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:58:14 GMT

"Dave Schuler" <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
news:G9Kurp.17q@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Mike Walsh writes:

Haven't seen the Snoopy nor have I looked for it.  I did see the Harley • at
my local Wal-Mart in the clearance section after Christmas.  It was $9. • I
have no idea what the MSRP is.  It certainly was a large box for $9 and • they
had a bunch of them.

  Mike--are you sure that it was the Harley as shown in the picture rather
than a smaller motorcycle set?  I didn't see the Harley anywhere locally
until 2001, and they didn't start showing up on eBay until a few weeks • ago,
and they've appeared there consistently ever since.  If they'd been widely
available at 75% off I'd think that more speculators would have snapped • them
up for resale. I'm also surprised that Wal-Mart would have been so quick • to
mark down a brand new release by such a percentage, but if so I'm really
annoyed that I failed to pick any up, if indeed it was the Harley!

     Dave!

FUT OT.clone-brands

I think it was the same.  It was a big box and it was fairly heavy.  It was
in mid to late January that I saw this.  The Harley itself was blue and
white.  It is not uncommon for the Wal-Mart near me to have very aggressive
clearance pricing.  From the LEGO perspective very little LEGO ever gets
clearanced.  I spoke with a LEGO rep last fall and she told me that this
particular Wal-Mart moves the most LEGO of all the retailers between
northern Virginia and Atlanta.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders