 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 766
765  |  767
Subject:
Quality of Clone Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:38:01 GMT

I've been away from Lugnet for a year or so, so this may seem like a
redundant question but ...

What do people that build mostly with Lego think of the quality of clone parts?

Using Lego parts as the standard for a 10 and the worst being zero, please
tell how well you think other currently available clones compare in terms of
quality and compatability with Lego.

I see lots of discussion comparing clone sets to Lego sets. I want to know
about using them together.

I own lots of Lego, but only 3 MB sets (Outlaw's Cabin, Viking Ship, and the
big naval ship from the Creature Seekers series). IMO, the Viking Ship was
the only one that was acceptable in terms of the quality of the parts. After
feeling ripped of from the naval ship, I decided not to buy another clone set.

Now I read all these glowing remarks about the clone sets because they are
1) not juniorized, 2) build modern military equipment, 3) have greater color
variety, 4) are cheaper.

Are they worth it?

David Zorn