 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 505
Re: Mega Bloks - ugh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:22:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Chris Gray writes:

I think the greys would go together fine,

I went ahead and picked up a MB battleship set for experimenting.  The MB grey
is quite noticeably lighter than Lego grey.  And it looks like it will give
just the "natural stone variation" effect I was hoping for.  (Which is also to
say that,  if mixed together for most other purposes,  the result would suck).

Interestingly,  the rougher surface finish on the MB bricks makes them look
much more "rock-ish" than polished-looking Lego bricks.  If I were going to
build a "permanent" castle out of mixed bricks,  I'd be very tempted to use
some extra-fine sandpaper to break the gloss on the Lego to make the walls
look more realistic.

Also, the Megabloks tan is noticeably oranger than the
Lego tan.

Hmmm, can you say "Pharaoh's palace",  boys 'n girls?

Ran