 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2952 (-20)
  Mattel to buy Canada's Mega Brands for about $460 million

Mattel to buy Canada's Mega Brands for about $460 million February 28, 2014. (Reuters) - Mattel Inc (MAT.O), the world's No. 1 toymaker, said it agreed to buy Canada's Mega Brands Inc (MB.TO) for about $460 million, including debt, to expand its (...) (11 years ago, 28-Feb-14, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: The all-apocryphal SS Work-in-Progress

(...) Wow! Well, done, Dave! I never would have imagined that you turned into a bona-fide builder;-) Some nice Schleiming going on there, too! What is the SNOT technique called in the apocryphal language? JOHN (11 years ago, 31-May-13, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  The all-apocryphal SS Work-in-Progress

Thanks for looking! (4 URLs) (4 URLs) (4 URLs) (4 URLs) (4 URLs) (4 URLs) (11 years ago, 29-May-13, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Barbie's Apocryphal Dream Mech

Mobile infantry combat just got a whole lot more fabulous! This mighty mech can duke it out in style, standing up to anything that the enemy can throw at it. Twin shoulder-mounted rocket launchers can lead the assault from a distance, while the (...) (11 years ago, 6-Apr-13, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  UNSC Gopher

I present the all-apocryphal UNSC Gopher, a all-purpose light combat mech chock full of armaments. Technical specifications to follow as soon as I make them up. About 9 points of articulation plus the windscreen, I can tell you that much. Enjoy! (3 (...) (12 years ago, 16-Feb-13, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: TRU Faux Pas!

(...) She's been repping for 10 years? Wow. Maybe you're secretly trying to hit on her but you're just really slow. (12 years ago, 9-Feb-13, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.fun)

  Re: TRU Faux Pas!

(...) You're not going to believe this, but I did the same thing to the same LEGO rep about four days ago in the very same TRU, though this time I asked about some upcoming Mega Bloks Halo products. Small world. (12 years ago, 9-Feb-13, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.fun)

  UNSC Bullfrog

I present the all-apocryphal UNSC Bullfrog, a well-armored forward assault mech. Technical specifications to follow as soon as I make them up. About 9 points of articulation plus the windscreen & buzzsaw, I can tell you that much. (12 URLs) Thanks (...) (12 years ago, 28-Aug-12, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX) !

  Re: UNSC Gazelle

(...) Love it! Maybe i'll ship you all that left-over mega blok I have after sorting out my finds at garage sales, et al. Nicely done! good hearing from you as well :) Dave K (12 years ago, 10-Aug-12, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: UNSC Kodiak

(...) Believe it or not, I just now spotted your reply. Thanks for the kind words--I figured it was about time that I posted some actual images, if only to prove that I actually do own some Mega Bloks. (12 years ago, 9-Aug-12, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  UNSC Gazelle

I present the apocryphal UNSC Gazelle, a light-duty anti-infantry mech. Technical specifications to follow as soon as I make them up. About 13 points of articulation plus the windscreen, I can tell you that much. (10 URLs) (12 years ago, 8-Aug-12, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: UNSC Kodiak

(...) Looks awesome! Great, lifelike renders! JOHN (12 years ago, 29-Jul-12, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  UNSC Kodiak

I present the apocryphal UNSC Kodiak, a medium-duty combat and utility mech. Technical specifications to follow as soon as I make them up. About 13 points of articulation plus the windscreen, I can tell you that much. Not thrilled with the first two (...) (12 years ago, 28-Jul-12, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: A small church

(...) Wow. Nice work, Dave! "Small" (URL) I'm assuming that these are all non-LEGO bricks; Mega Bloks, I presume? Are you considering using LEGO parts to complete the project? Also, about the subject matter: I find it curious, to say the least. With (...) (13 years ago, 20-Feb-12, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  A small church

Some work still to be done. Steps for instance, and I need to fill in the space around the doors. (5 URLs) No interior to speak of, either. And the windows are so darn clean you can hardly see them. Thanks for looking! (13 years ago, 20-Feb-12, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Ludovica Miniland

(...) Oh, wow, that's fantastic! Frankly, I am surprised that MB elements are available in that quantity to even be able to attempt such a project! Some of the buildings might not be as detailed as LEGO ones can be because of the number of greeble (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-12, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Ludovica Miniland

(URL) entire world made from Mega Bloks by Gillex Maheux> I'm hopeful that even the purest of LEGO purists will find something to admire in this remarkable display. Granted, we've seen many exceptional LEGO displays over the years, but this is among (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-12, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Apocryphal Blacktron (I know you've been jonesing)

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote: snip (...) Love to see it built with real pieces! The CGI makes it look too 'clean' :) As a guy who used to play MW lots 'n lots, I'd like to take a run around in this suit... Dave K (14 years ago, 20-Jul-10, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Apocryphal Blacktron (I know you've been jonesing)

(...) My review of the Landshark is thusly: First off, I'm not hip enough to even know the meaning of "jonesing," but that aside, I like this AMOC you have created here, Dave! The proportions are pleasingly cute, like a Pixar character, which may (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jul-10, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Apocryphal Blacktron (I know you've been jonesing)

For quite a while I've wanted to build an smaller-scale battlesuit/mech, and I've finally come up with something. I can't actually put a minifig inside, due to the constraints of the shoulder and hip joints, but I still kind of like it. I present (...) (14 years ago, 19-Jul-10, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact