 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2934
Re: Apocryphal Blacktron (I know you've been jonesing)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:56:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Dave Schuler wrote:
   For quite a while I’ve wanted to build an smaller-scale battlesuit/mech, and I’ve finally come up with something. I can’t actually put a minifig inside, due to the constraints of the shoulder and hip joints, but I still kind of like it.

I present the Landshark powered battlesuit, tasked with support of ground-based infantry and vehicles. The weapon on the right arm is an over/under double-barreled slug-thrower, while the assembly on the left arm is a high-density plasma flamer.

The suit is also supposed to have a shoulder-mounted cannon, but I managed to omit that from the rendering. Whoops. I’ll post a followup when I get it put together.

Meantime, here you go. Effusive praise is welcome, as is acrimonious derision:

Pic 01

Pic 02

Thanks for looking!

Dave!

My review of the Landshark is thusly:

First off, I’m not hip enough to even know the meaning of “jonesing,” but that aside, I like this AMOC you have created here, Dave! The proportions are pleasingly cute, like a Pixar character, which may actually serve its operators on the battlefield. The enemy may be emboldened by a sense of superiority over the toyish appearance of the Landshark, and be lulled into a sense of complacency, which would give the advantage to the Landshark. America loves the underdog, and you have sewn up this role nicely. Well done, Dave!

Now, I have to say that I am more than a bit disappointed given the fact that I cannot put a minifig into this suit. This destroys playability in my view, and is bordering on a deal-breaker for me. Get thee back to MLCAD and rectify this cringeworthy shortcoming. Your sons will thank you later.

The armament seems sufficient, although I am a little worried about the short legs-- will the Landshark be able to keep up with vehicles on convoys?

All in all, I give your AMOC 4 supernovas out of 5: ****

Thanks for posting, Dave!

JOHN