 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2883
  Best-Lock update

looks like best-lock is finally getting their page updated (some pages still under construction). this roman boat looks kinda cool: (URL) anybody (lego or clone company) ever done romans? ..joseph g (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Hi, Jorge! We've had a little discussion about these over at The Bloks Forum, but I'm not sure that anyone has seen these sets in person as yet. They do indeed look pretty cool--I especially like the body shields and the helmets. If you come (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

Looks like BestLock are trying to fill a gap here - Playmobil is somewhat successful with their Romans theme, but there hasn't been anything alike in the brick scene. I've become somewhat hesitant w/regard to clone brands over the years - they (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) hey dave, long time no see! i just barely discovered the bloks forum site. i'll be visiting in the next couple of days to post some tyco scans. ..joseph g (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) jerry have you tried any clones at all? i don't mind a clone once in a while, i mainly buy them for the models (military assortment, and good amount of bricks for the price) and i don't mix them with other brands (just my personal preference). (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Joseph, as a matter of fact I did - and some. (...) BestLock are sometimes found in discount stores, but they are usually older sets of poor quality - hence my hesitant expectations with regard to quality (in material) of newer sets. I do own (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) Doh! I called you Jorge, which would make you Jorge Gonzalez, the kid who sat next to me in senior year calculus. Sorry about that. Glad to see you at The Bloks Forum! Dave! (16 years ago, 12-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock update

(...) no sweat on the name mix-up, dave. thanks for the warm welcome!! ..joseph g (16 years ago, 14-Jul-08, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)