 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2857 (-10)
  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) Hey, Russ- No offense-- clone + phile (loving) = clone lover:-) JOHN (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) Cloneophiles? John, I thought we were friends. ;) Yes. I buy clone brands. I buy them for the designs. I especially like the MegaBloks sets for Pixar's Cars, the FDNY Fire Truck, and the Steam Express locomotive. But, I do not mix them with (...) (17 years ago, 27-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) The allure comes from the availability of additional colors, new and useful elements, themes not available from TLG, superior ABS (in the case of Tyco) and cross-compatibility (especially now that Knex has issued transition elements that allow (...) (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Heads up, Cloneophiles

(...) I'm a purist myself, but one Cloneophile I know likes the variety of parts available. Lego makes a lot of stuff, but not quite everything. (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Heads up, Cloneophiles

What's the allure? Can we all agree that LEGO is superior in quality? If so, why buy clones? Is it simply a price issue? If LEGO were cheaper would you still buy clones? Is it that you have something against TLG the company? Is it something else (...) (17 years ago, 26-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: What are these?

(...) The first picture is pieces from the Crosswise Blocks line: (URL) are not LEGO compatible. I have a pretty good collection of these. -- Russell Clark President/Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG (URL) Chief, PCFD There is a very fine line between (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  What are these?

Not sure if these qualify as Clone brands, but they are building systems. Does anyone recognize them and if so is there a website or at least a name for them so I can do a bit more hunting. The pics are here (URL) sorry the first one's a bit blurred (...) (17 years ago, 17-Oct-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Cobi/Best-Lock sets at Toys R Us

(...) No pictures, but lots of data. 4 small $7 tubs, police, fire, construction, and basic bricks (180 in this little tub) 3 large tubs, military police, contruction, fire, $17. 2 $ boxes, army and pirates, (new tank, different pirate minifigs at (...) (17 years ago, 3-Sep-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Cobi/Best-Lock sets at Toys R Us

Does anyone have any pictures of the new Cobi/Best-Lock sets at Toys R Us? I'd like to see what they look like so I'll know which ones to save for. Thanks, Jeff (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New ProBuilder set spotted!

Very slick packaging, good set design, and a healthy piececount! I spotted the new 3230 Mountain Peak Expedition at KMart on my lunchbreak. It's a red helicopter with black rotors and skids, with a large new two-piece canopy bubble and two new (...) (17 years ago, 7-Aug-07, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact