 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2848
2847  |  2849
Subject:
New ProBuilder set spotted!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 03:13:06 GMT

Very slick packaging, good set design, and a healthy piececount! I spotted the new 3230 Mountain Peak Expedition at KMart on my lunchbreak. It’s a red helicopter with black rotors and skids, with a large new two-piece canopy bubble and two new articulated minfigs: a pilot and a rescuer with skis and ski-poles.

385 pieces, many of them new to this set, for $19.99.

What most surprised me was the graphics on the box, which look nothing like the design of previous Mega Bloks sets. Predominantly white, with ProBuilder in simple black lettering. The box has a front flap that opens upward to reveal the contents and an abbreviated parts inventory on the inside cover.

No other new sets are previewed on the box, but if this is what we can hope to see in the near future, then my optimism is renewed!

One dumb thing about the sighting: KMart, in its infinite blue-lighted wisdom, put its two copies of the set on the top shelf, about a foot back, and partially behind some LEGO set. At a glance I’d say that the 3230 is the coolest set currently on their shelves, so why they’d hide it in this way is beyond me!

Dave!

Don’t forget to stop by The Bloks Forum