 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2762 (-10)
  Good Pics of Oxford / Cobi / Lego

I saw this link at the "bloks" group, but I thought some folks here might want to see this. (URL) mostly by a Korean named "painkiller" who takes very good close-up shots of the three brands. Go to "toy pix" then to review and pix of Lego" Except (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Best-Lock gets K-Mart contract

(...) Visitors to the Bloks Forum will already be aware of the ongoing discussion there on this topic, but anyone interested in hearing more should stop by: (URL) exploring the connections between Oxford, Cobi, Best-Lock, Coko, and others. The (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Best-Lock gets K-Mart contract

Cobi/Best-Lock is now the official construction brick supplier for K-Mart's JustKidz line of store brand toys. They are sold amidst the other JustKidz items, not with Lego and Mega Bloks, and they retail for about a third of what a comparable Lego (...) (18 years ago, 10-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Mega Blocks Steam Express.

I just finished making one of these. (URL) it is huge, and quite well detailed. I usually don't give MB a second glance, but this was 16 bucks (usually 50 at Toys R Us) at a discount store, so I got it. It was a good build, and it's nice that it is (...) (18 years ago, 9-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: HLJ listing MegaBloks Gundam and Zaku II

(...) Jeff! Once again you are the guy with the goods. Thanks for posting this info--I'm definitely going to be tracking the progress of these sure-to-be-cool sets. Dave! (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  HLJ listing MegaBloks Gundam and Zaku II

Hobbylink Japan has their listings up for the MegaBloks RX-78-2 Gundam and MS-06S Char's Zaku II. No pictures yet and they're not taking preorders until September 1, but you can monitor the pages for updates. Price is 8500yen (just under $74) not (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: PodBrix???

(...) From a quick perusal of the FAQ: How are the PodBrix minifigs created? Tomi Responds: I start with a standard LEGO® brand minifig and modify it by hand to create the desired appearance. Each one is slightly different. Sounds to me as though (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: PodBrix???

(...) If you look at the line above it suggests that he doesn't make them himself and that they are genuine Lego. Looking at the various figs this would make sense since they seem to be in standard Lego colours. As for legal... it depends when the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Aug-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  PodBrix???