 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2759
2758  |  2760
Subject:
Mega Blocks Steam Express.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:49:55 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I just finished making one of these.

http://www.megablocks.com/en/products/description.php?level=2&level2=1&lId=0&iID=348&subCat=1&cat=1

WOW, it is huge, and quite well detailed.  I usually don't give MB a second
glance, but this was 16 bucks (usually 50 at Toys R Us) at a discount store, so
I got it.  It was a good build, and it's nice that it is in black, since black
is the mega-blocks color that is most similar to LEGO. As I mentioned, it is
huge.  It is 14 studs wide by 72 studs long, and accept for the boiler, it is
almost entirely made of basic bricks, plates, and elements.  It was alot of fun
to build something so big and brick-based.

At 1200 pieces, it is a fairly good deal at 50 bucks, but if you can find it on
sale for less than 40, there is almost no reason not to buy it.