 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2722 (-10)
  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Dave's point is you should be informed before you diss, otherwise you just make yourself look bad. Jeff (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Sigh. That puts me in a very tough position. 1) I hate Megablocks, and refuse to buy their low quality bricks and poor designs. 2) I'm possibly the biggest Gundam fan here. What do I do now? :/ (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) If I want to diss Megabloks, then I'm in the exact right place to do it. (The L in LUGNET stands for LEGO.) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

WOW! Very nice looking Gundam there. Given that MB and Lego bricks are 99% the same and compatible, it should be an easy feat to build Lego versions once the instructions become available. I look forward to that! Dave (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) I think it's safe to say Bandai has the ability to nix something that MegaBloks develops if they're not happy with it, so I highly doubt this would happen. Also, as Dave said, MB already beat Lego in the mecha department. As much as I don't (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Criticisms like yours are delightful because they show clearly that you don't know what you're talking about. First, Mega Bloks beat LEGO in the race for articulated mech-like sets by several years. Exo-Force is very much a johnny-come-lately (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) So MB is now trying to jump on the mecha bandwagon to compete with LEGO's Exo-Force sets...interesting. I wonder if they'll make a realistic picture of one of their Gundams that's just a pile of robot limbs, since that's what will probably (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) Straight from IRC, a friend of mine was kind enough to give me a quick and dirty translation of the text on that image: <Pocky> A beloved space opera the overcomes/bypasses generations, <Pocky> MSG will be premering as a Mega Block <Pocky> And (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) It's really hard to say. The Gundam franchise has NOT done well here in the US for a number of years; the MSiA and model kit lines have all been sighted frequently at clearance stores. The anime series themselves haven't even sold to Bandai's (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: MegaBloks announces Mobile Suit Gundam License

(...) At least one of the members of the (URL) Bloks Forum> avidly pursues Mega Bloks sets chiefly available in Asia, and I'm sure that he'll put himself on the case as soon as he gets wind of it. Stop by that forum from time to time for the latest (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jun-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact