 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2542 (-20)
  Re: MegaBloks

(...) Did i mention the MB Dragon’s line somewhere?!? (I don't think i linked to it?) Actually i was referring to their new 'Pyrate' line and how they reinvented the minifig that really got my attention. Interestingly enough though, the Dragon line (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) Thanx-man! I actually totally forgot about that! Plus, i never really wanna leave Lugnet, i'm here for the people, they just 'happen' to share the same enthusiasm for a hobby we all enjoy. Peace, --==Richard==-- (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) Hi Kirby thanks for your response! I can see in the next few years Megabloks gaining greater market share and continuing to improve it's product line in terms of quality, realism and general appeal to a wider youth audience then Lego. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) I try not to aknowledge the Junior line. Though I have bought some Junior sets at deep discount for some chrome pcs and out of curiosity as to what I might be able to do with some of the parts. Most of the pcs went to my kids who gleefully (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jul-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks

(...) I personally don't know - but Lugnet DOES have a forum for discussing Megabloks and other clone brands: (URL) . You'll probably get more information there. -Lenny :followups to o-t.clone-brands (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  MEGABLOKS Site Updates

Information about the new Metal Ages Dragons line (URL) These sets appear to have a more "Eastern" fantasy vibe to them, and the new Dragon Eggs sets are also featured. Dave! (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Review of MB3601: Pieces of Eight

Review of MB3601 Pieces of Eight MSRP: $4.99 Pieces: 20 Figures 2 First, let me come clean and admit that until ten minutes ago I had no idea what the idiom “Pieces of Eight” means, but thanks to (URL) Wikipedia> you can count me officially (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Review of MB 1935: Baxter Building Lab

Review of MB set 1935: Baxter Building Lab MSRP: $30 - $40 Pieces: 250 Figures: Five By now everyone knows that the Fantastic Four (URL) hit the big screen> on July 8 in true blockbuster fashion. For my money the casting of Michael Chiklis as The (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Review of MB 3660: Dread Eye's Phantom

(...) Wow! I've been toying with the Dread Eye's Phantom as well and was extremely impressed. This review is extremely detailed and 100% accurate. It is a little unrealistic that the entire ship is said to be carved from the skeleton of a whale. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Dread Eye's Phantom

Hi all! I've been awaiting a lego pirate ship that is up par...u pirate people know what i mean. I have Captain Redbeard's pirate ship, which i thought was decent. The ship is lacking in authenticity and is quite simple to piece together. However, (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Review of MB 3660: Dread Eye's Phantom

Review of Dread Eye’s Phantom MSRP: $49.99 Before I begin, we need to get a few things out of the way: One: The Figures: These are the sculpted and highly detailed figures I discussed in an earlier review, and if you simply don’t like them, you (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Review of MB 9848: Argentum Silver Armor Dragon

Addendum—boy, am I a knucklehead. The Dragon does have a cluster of four studs at the middle of its back, exactly positioned for a minifig to sit upon it. While penning my dazzlingly eloquent review, I had the wings swept back in such a way that the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Review of MB 9848: Argentum Silver Armor Dragon

This is from the Dragons: Metal Ages series, continuing the line of “Dragon Eggs” that we’ve seen before (but now better, IMO). In brief, each set is a large egg containing a single dragon figurine in ten pieces. I haven’t previously been thrilled (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Megabloks acquires Rose Art

(...) I know almost nothing about Rose Art, except for what I've seen of the Magnetix toys on stores' shelves. However, as I read the PowerPoint presentation on the MEGABLOKS website, I noticed something interesting in the discussion of license (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Megabloks acquires Rose Art

(...) (snip) Interesting. IIRC Rose Art did some puzzles for LEGO, which presumably will not be contracts that are renewed. (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Megabloks acquires Rose Art

(URL) Bloks to Buy Rose Art Industries for $315 Mln (Update3) June 15 (Bloomberg) -- Mega Bloks Inc., the world's second- biggest maker of toy building blocks, agreed to buy Rose Art Industries for $315 million in cash and stock to enter the arts- (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  "New" Alien Agency pack at TRU

It's set (URL) with 720 pieces and retails for $29.979. Actually, it's a bundling of the previously released (URL) 18> and (URL) Lab> sets, but the price is a bargain relative to those earlier sets. Hangar 18, I believe, had an MSRP of $29.97, and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) Whoops! A few additional realizations! ArtAsylum figs have 14 points of articulation: wrist X 2 elbow X 2 shoulder X 2 ankle X 2 knee X 2 hip X 2 waist X 1 neck X 1 and these sculpted MB figs have 12: wrist X 2 elbow X 2 shoulder X 2 knee X 2 (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) Okay, I'm back. They had one copy of set 3632, Mutiny Isle, for $8.99. This leads me to believe that other sets have already been snapped up, and when I visited this same store on Wednesday of last week, they didn't even have any Pyrates sets (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Anyone see the Pyrates sets at retail yet?

(...) This is good news. I'll check my local TRU at lunch, but alas I'm not greatly optimistic; they only got the Marvel sets about three weeks ago. Still, there are other retail venues near me, so I'll look around. Thanks for the info. Dave! (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact