 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2529
Re: Megabloks acquires Rose Art
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:40:25 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Erik Olson wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000082&sid=aK4_Irnlym5Q&refer=canada

Mega Bloks to Buy Rose Art Industries for $315 Mln (Update3)

(snip)

Interesting. IIRC Rose Art did some puzzles for LEGO, which presumably will not
be contracts that are renewed.

I know almost nothing about Rose Art, except for what I've seen of the Magnetix
toys on stores' shelves.  However, as I read the PowerPoint presentation on the
MEGABLOKS website, I noticed something interesting in the discussion of license
deals:
http://www.megabloks.com/en/corpo/pressreleases.php
One the 16th frame or so, we see the logos for MARVEL, Disney, Strawberry
Shortcake, and STAR WARS.  Presumbably, this represents the license deals across
the new, aggregate company, and I don't expect a line of MEGABLOKS STAR WARS
sets anytime soon...

Dave!