 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2467 (-20)
  Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!?

(...) Well, I can't speak with any certainty of Mega Blocks parts, since I have NO idea what they make one way or the other.... But I CAN tell you that Lego doesn't use non standard parts (well, not anymore). The last year I was at the park, the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!?

(...) Was it this one by any chance? (URL) can't tell from the picture what the non-released parts might be, but I'll take your word for it. I was in NYC in February 2002 but I can't remember the displays all that well. A big dragon is the only (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Cool new Lego sculptures at ToysRUs.... Wait a minute, is that?!?!?

(...) Nice photo. The warrior is new style, but that TRU had a life-size bronze knight sculpture from the first wave of Dragons (2002). When I saw it, my first thought was: just like Lego, they've built it entirely from parts that have never been (...) (20 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) I'm not necessarily bothered by specialized elements (and I have long argued that anyone interested in LEGO trains CAN NOT be bothered by specialized elements), but mostly I'm bothered that the Megabloks elements don't fit stylistically with (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) Ah--now I get it. And I guess it's true; a bunch of people in ot.clones have lamented the over-specialization of elements in the Dragons line. Heck(1), I myself have griped about the difficulty of LDraw-rendering all of those faux wood-grain (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) (URL) this link,> exactly as I'd hoped. (...) (URL) deck rats!> I first thought that those barrels are the same as the (...) There is a difference between those older sets and the current sets though. The older sets LOOK like a construction (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) The hull is sectional, as can be seen in the instruction for the Man O' War 9895 that appears to use the same hull design: (URL) the moment I can't seem to find the post in which you criticized LEGO for having similarly modular Pirate (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) (URL) this link,> exactly as I'd hoped. (...) (URL) deck rats!> I first thought that those barrels are the same as the (...) Hmm, looks like a stylized plastic model with a few studs. MEGABLOKS are looking less and less like a construction (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: The Confounding Nega-Bloktrix

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Mike Rayhawk wrote: ... (...) (URL) Her nemesis.> -Suz (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: The Confounding Nega-Bloktrix

Ho ho... I love getting my LUGNET delivered by e-mail. If someone were to cancel a post, say Suz for example, I still get it, thus alleviating any sense of mystery. And may I add, that was just wrong, wrong, WRONG! :) -Evil Wayne (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  (canceled)

  The Confounding Nega-Bloktrix

I've been painting new versions of the (URL) Deadly Spaceman> for years, one for each time a new edition of BrikWars gets posted. But QuikWars' mascot (a Warfang figure from Mega Bloks' first-year Dragons sets), on the other hand, has until now been (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX) !!

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) X-Posting to .Pirates in the good-faith interest of sharing information. FUT back to ot.clones only. An anonymous tipster, who previously helped with some (URL) TMNT info> has stepped forward again to provide (URL) link,> exactly as I'd hoped. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

(...) That's plenty! Thanks for this excellent info--I'm really intrigued by the Pyrates line, because it looks as though the minfigs have knees and elbows and possibly ball-and-socket shoulder and hip joints. I only wish that MP had given more (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Rights to Spiderman..

(...) You make a good distinction between film-character and comic-character rights, but it might not apply across the board in this case. Although LEGO did indeed have the tie-in rights for the Spiderman films, it appears that MEGABLOKS has (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks

Just a couple of links to pics for upcoming Megablok sets: (URL) and (URL) There's a new theme called 'Pyrates' - Pirates vs. Skeletons. Looks like the Dragon line is going Oriental. Only a couple of new things shown for the Marvel line: 2 new sets (...) (20 years ago, 26-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Rights to Spiderman..

Megablocks have the comic rights. Lego have the film rights. Lego can only produce sets relevant to the films, megablocks can't reference the films only the comics. You might find that the Lego deal is with Sony(?) and the Megablocks one, directly (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Clone brand?

No real commentary from me, but I just found (URL) these> online and thought I'd share. Dave! (20 years ago, 22-Feb-05, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Rights to Spiderman..

(...) To answer the last part: no listings in the Danish 2005 catalogue... /Jesper (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Rights to Spiderman..

I saw in the (URL) and Mail> that Mega Bloks "has Spider-Man on its side since the Montreal company struck an exclusive deal last fall with Marvel Enterprises to develop products featuring Marvel's super heroes, which also include X-Men, Hulk and (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-05, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact