 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2455
Re: 2005 Toy Fair pics for Megabloks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:12:22 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Ken Dowd wrote:
   Just a couple of links to pics for upcoming Megablok sets:

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/images/tf05/index.php?list=Megabloks

and

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=2056

There’s a new theme called ‘Pyrates’ - Pirates vs. Skeletons.

Looks like the Dragon line is going Oriental.

Only a couple of new things shown for the Marvel line: 2 new sets in the Bionicle-fig type line (Thing and Human Torch) and 1 minifig set, Baxter Building Lab (with 5 figs: the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom).

That’s all for now.

That’s plenty! Thanks for this excellent info--I’m really intrigued by the Pyrates line, because it looks as though the minfigs have knees and elbows and possibly ball-and-socket shoulder and hip joints. I only wish that MP had given more photos of the Pyrates ship, but I can wait!

X-Posting to .Pirates in the good-faith interest of sharing information. FUT back to ot.clones only.

An anonymous tipster, who previously helped with some TMNT info has stepped forward again to provide this link, exactly as I’d hoped.

Well, what can I say? The ship looks fantastic. We even have deck rats! I first thought that those barrels are the same as the ones that came in the LEGENDS and WESTERN sets a few years ago, but now I’m not so sure. If not, then this is the third “wooden” barrel design from MEGABLOKS, which is fine with me.

It also appears that the hull is the same design as the previous Ice Fang and Marauder sets.

Thanks again to the anonymous tipster! Keep ‘em coming!

Dave!