 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2402 (-10)
  Re: BTR sets at a dollar store

(...) My local "Dollar General" didn't have any on the shelves, but it did have close to four dozen copies of LEGO's NBA minifig packs and one copy of the MegaBloks "Cyclone" Gyro-Fighter. However, "Family Dollar" featured five copies of each of two (...) (20 years ago, 3-Dec-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: BTR sets at a dollar store

(...) Thanks for the news, Ray. In my town, Dollar General stores are a dollar-a-dozen, so I'll check around and see what I can find. I've seldom had much luck with discount store LEGO or clone finds, but every so often a set or two pop up. If I can (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MOC: Apocryphal Blacktron Freudenshadow Racer

(...) Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to see that you took it in the proper spirit: as a sort of homage rather than a gesture of nose-thumbing. Keep the inspiration coming, and maybe I'll keep up the eye-burning re-interpretations! Dave! (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  BTR sets at a dollar store

BTW, in case anyone cares... a few of the smaller Built To Rule sets (Hasbro ?) were spotted at a Dollar General the other day. These may be new stock or old stock. That particular store is not one that get to frequently, so I'm not sure. There was (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MOC: Apocryphal Blacktron Freudenshadow Racer

(...) Thanks! (...) Heh, that's cute. My initial reaction was laughing and groaning at the same time. I suspect that may have been your purpose. Anyway, I'm flattered. And you did a good job of covering your stated goal (similar to the Outcast, but (...) (20 years ago, 29-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  MOC: Apocryphal Blacktron Freudenshadow Racer

Tony Hafner has presented his very cool (URL) Outcast Racer>, for which much praise is due. Very nice work, Tony! Seeing this fine craft, I was inspired to try something similar, adding my own (I hope) distinctive style. Please let me know what you (...) (20 years ago, 26-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Lego Company chooses poorly? (was re: Shifty set)

(...) Indeed. Although a headline like "Rich Multinational Toy Company Gives Poor Finnish Children Second Rate Building Bricks for Christmas" could hardly appeal to Lego... Cheers Richie Dulin (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

  Re: Lego Company chooses poorly? (was re: Shifty set)

(...) Are you willing to vouch for the safety of each of those fake sets? Were LEGO to have given the o.k. to give away the illegal sets they (the LEGO company) would have, at least in principle, been giving their assurance that the sets are safe to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Lego Company chooses poorly? (was re: Shifty set)

(...) charity, presumeably for distribution to the poor. I read between the lines that this is Finnish law, that siezed illegal goods can be destroyed or given to charity. The article claimed that the clones were dangerous and could break in normal (...) (20 years ago, 25-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Shifty set

(...) I am not sure what either "blatant" nor "jeers" mean, but when reading the Danish and the English version, I would have translated this way: ....all are Slavic copies of Lego.... I asume blatant is something else. Sonnich (...) (20 years ago, 24-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact