 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2402
Re: BTR sets at a dollar store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:49:56 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Ray Sanders wrote:
BTW, in case anyone cares...  a few of the smaller Built To Rule sets (Hasbro ?)
were spotted at a Dollar General the other day. These may be new stock or old
stock. That particular store is not one that get to frequently, so I'm not sure.
There was no price on the box, but I would guess $3-$5.

My local "Dollar General" didn't have any on the shelves, but it did have close
to four dozen copies of LEGO's NBA minifig packs and one copy of the MegaBloks
"Cyclone" Gyro-Fighter.  However, "Family Dollar" featured five copies of each
of two BTR sets: the GI Joe Rock Crusher and the Tonka Police Patrol, each of
which was priced at $2.00.  The Police Patrol is of particular interest to me
because I never saw it on conventional retail shelves; it seems to have been
released at the tail-end of the first wave, after BTR's sales performance was
already in the basement.  I wonder how and if this will mesh with the apparent
release of additional sets, as shown on the Hasbro website.

My area has a few other dollar-venue stores to investigate, and if I see any
other BTR, LEGO, or MegaBloks sets I'll post here.

Dave!