 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 237 (-10)
  Re: New Mega Bloks sets

They are trying to get themselves into the door on Model Team like sets. Which, to me at least, is a very smart thing to do. It's what Lego did to get themselves the positive recognition so many years ago. But their process has not changed, and (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Mega Bloks sets

Anyone have reviews of the new tan tank and purple monster truck from Mega Bloks? If the bricks are improving, these sets are a bargain compared to lego. -- Richard (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Blockmen Military Building System

I happen to like the gun that Lunk is holding in Dune Danger #3772. Can someone tell me if Lego minifigs can hold this gun? -- Richard (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Shifty Pics (Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay)

Here's some pics of Shifty boxes: (URL) a link from the construction clones page (URL) copies of lego boxes! i'm no expert but i'm inclined to believe that this dalu set is another rip-off clone. getting that photography so close to classic lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'nex roller coaster ?

(...) How much were the roller coasters at Target? I want that roller coaster set bad, but want to catch it on a clearance deal :) I've got 2 of the huge (6 ft tall) K'nex hyperspace training towers coming in at $36.00 each from Target.com, they (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: K'nex roller coaster ?

(...) Fun to put together, but your thumbs will be VERY sore when you are done. After you have it together, it's fun to play with for a while. But then you have the massive job of taking it apart again unless you have a 4 ft by 6 ft or so area to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  K'nex roller coaster ?

Anyone have an opinion about the k'nex roller-coaster set ? Big & heavy box, says 2400 pcs on it. I saw five of these at a target earlier today. Ray (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) I've been lucky, then, because I've built the newer Battleship and Desert Assault (whatever it's called) by MegaBloks, and I've found the brick grip- strength sufficient to lift each entire model by a single 2x4 brick's attachment. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega-Blocks - a new experience

(...) That's my experince, too. I have tried MegaBloks, Cuboville, and Byggis, and I also have a Tyco phone. IMO, MegaBloks are least compatible, Tyco a little better, and Byggis and Cuboville are closest to the Real Thing. I also have a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Clone .DAT's

I've made three Byggis windows and a MegaBloks 2x10 Brick with hinges. You'll find them at: (URL) Feel free to add them to your clones page if you like them. /Tore (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact