 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2361
Re: More BTR on the way?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2004 03:52:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
   This might be of particular interest to Avery Christy and Pamela Hale, but all are welcome to look:

I just checked out the Hasbro website to gather some info on the (I thought) discontinued BTR line, and I discovered that there may be a whole new series awaiting release. If true, that would bring the total set-count to 47. Not a huge number compared with LEGO or MegaBloks, but an impressive showing for a Johnny-come-lately brand.

Here’s the lineup. If that link doesn’t work, go here instead.

If anyone spots these new sets on the shelf, please give a heads-up!

Dave!

Ha ha ha, okay, okay. I guess I have painted myself and many of my MOCs as BTR proponents. Thanks for that info Dave!

I also thought that the BTR line was finito. TRU and Wally World (Wal-Mart) had cleared out their shelves for the last time, so I thought (ludicrously deep discounts). It is good to know that there will be more in store soon. It is true that the Transformer sets were not very impressive in parts or coolness, but the unique pieces are generating more ideas than I have time to build. And, the compatability with Lego (both in color and connectability) in my experience is 100%

Having shamelessly used this moment as I just did, thanks again for that info, Dave!

-Avery