 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2322
  Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

I found this on www.action-figure.com and had to post it. (URL) have known about this for a while now (Becuase I have a Mega Bloks Retail Account) but it looks like LEGO has lost the Spider-man license as well. As I find out more information I will (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) Wow, that's awesome news! Thanks for the info, and thanks in advance for any other details you're able to share. Dave! (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) I live 20 miles from the Mega Bloks compagny in Montréal. I am not a fan of Mega Blocks but I am always curious when I see news about them. And there was a small article in "Le Journal the Montréal" today talking about this. The main idea of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Yanick Fournier wrote: (snipped lots of good info, thanks for sharing!) (...) IIRC, LEGO has a license for the movie related stuff, via Sony(?), rather than directly for Marvel characters from Marvel. However (...) (20 years ago, 16-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) Yes indeed, this is quite a coup for MegaBloks. Previous licenses have worked pretty well for them, but they haven't really landed a big-time license until this. And LEGO's work so far with Spider-Man will be nothing but a boon. I can't help (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

Today we got "clarification" from a stock analyst that Lego has Spider-man movie rights through 2007 from Sony. Mega Bloks contradicted this, saying Lego's contract is up in 2005 and that Marvel makes the decisions. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Mega Bloks gets Marvel License

(...) Interesting! Do you have a link to this info? I'm surprised that LEGO would enter into a contract in which the other party had rights of termination, but such contracts surely exist. Thanks for the news in any case. Dave! (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)