 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2293
  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

Hi, Neat website! And your links are fantastic, especially the ones to the Japanese LEGO sites. I desperately want to go there to score some cool LEGO stuff. Anyway, my question is, have you ever considered using Rapid Prototyping technology to make (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

Hi Darrel, Thanks for the comments. About the links, first of all, I have recently discovered (or been told of) a few more non-English websites that I am going to add onto my existing link page hopefully sometimes this weekend. There is, for (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Do you remember what the machine looked like? Check out my Brickshelf folder for pictures of two I've used. (URL) The 3DSystems one makes resin parts, which might have been the ones you didn't like. OTOH it holds detail really well, so maybe (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Big Ben Bricks LLC seems to have done well enough with their first wheel product to introduce additional ones. (uninformed speculation as to how they are doing financially, not my business) Little Armory seems to be doing VERY well with their (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) I'm curious about the rapid prototyping. Little Armory (URL) made items in the past by hand making a master. But a new round of items is coming that I had suspected where being designed via some form of CAD and then mastered via something that (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Custom import tuner parts (was: Re: Help needed: my custom beards)

"Darrell Urbien" <durbien@mail.occ.cccd.edu> wrote in message news:I482qL.1K5K@lugnet.com... (...) Will you hurry up and put these into production already!!!! I'm an import tuner enthusiast (new newsgroups todd? [LOL]) I can't wait to see these in (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.parts.custom)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Hi Bruce, Although I am sure Darrell would be in a better position to answer this than me, I'll try anyway. From what I can gathered, I think the rapid prototyping which Darrell was talking about, is NOT the same method which Jeff uses to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

(...) Hi Darrell, I suppose you already know that the cost of a metallic mould can vary depending on the complexity of the shape of the objects, but at the very least it'll still put you back by a few thousands US$, right? Well, anyway, I won't tell (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Help needed: my custom beards

Hi Isaac, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my question! (...) Well, at the risk of being "one of those people", I'll start by saying there are lots of injection molding houses that will bid on work online (assuming you had CAD files of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)