 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2168
Re: Two new clone brick lines....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2004 22:48:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Bill Connick wrote:
Hi!
I know of one other clone brand that no one has mentioned yet. It is called
PixelBlocks. They are 1x1 translucent bricks that connect like LEGO bricks on
the top and bottom but can also connect on the sides. They come in 20 different
translucent colors. I have just recently made a mosaic of my store sign and it
looks cool! I have also made some manga type animals and tops. They are fun and
once you get the hang of them easy to work with. I will post pictures when I can
of my sign. You can check them out at www.pixelblocks.com and I also sell them
on my site at www.billsbricks.com

Very interesting. The pricing is pretty good too. One question though. With the
"grip lock" on the sides do they sit flush next to a LEGO brick, is there a gap,
or can it not sit directly next to a LEGO brick using the studs? For me at
least, that is the make or break selling point.

Mike,
Yes they are able to sit flush next to LEGO bricks. There is no gap. They can
really add to your creations and look really cool. I have enjoyed working with
them and my next project is going to be a logo for the school I work for.

Bill Connick