 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2122
    Ill tidings for Built-To-Rule? —Dave Schuler
   My local TRU has the entire line of BTR sets (Transformers, GI Joe, and Tonka) on 50% clearance. Well, they say 50%, but sets that were $12.98 are not $6.98, etc. Obviously, this speaks poorly of BTR’s outlook, but it affords the opportunity to (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

        Re: Ill tidings for Built-To-Rule? —Pamela Hale
   (...) I just discovered BTR this weekend, and OH MY GOODNESS. I couldn't believe the level of quality. They are all on half price at my Toys R Us as well, but I didn't take this as a bad sign (at least not bad for BTR), since this is the first time (...) (20 years ago, 29-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

        Re: Ill tidings for Built-To-Rule? —Dave Schuler
   (...) My local TRU has marked down its BTR products even further, though the posted pricetags don't reflect it. I picked up the Tonka Rapid Response fire truck and the Transformers Optimus Prime set, each with 100+ pieces and each for $4.98 versus (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)