 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 2112 (-20)
  Has anyone seen any pics of the new miniature brick line from Mega Blocks?

Ever since I found out about Mega Blocks making miniature bricks I've been excited to see some pictures. A few days ago I read another article (which I have lost the cite to since) that described a 700 piece model that would fit into the palm of (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: High Good Duplo clone found in Sweden.

Bah! Forgot the URL, here it is: (URL) :) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: FS: MB Power Rangers, Ninja Storm, Ninja Academy HQ

Argh! it burnsss ussss! sorry, had to get that in ;) Bob Clough (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  FS: MB Power Rangers, Ninja Storm, Ninja Academy HQ

For Sale: MegaBlocks (set # 5730) Power Rangers, Ninja Storm, Ninja Academy HQ 6 copies, all are New, one may have been resealed by the store. Price: $20 each for one, $15 each for two or more, buyer pays shipping. email me if you are interested. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  High Good Duplo clone found in Sweden.

FUT: lugnet.loc.se,lugnet...one-brands Hi all! I found this clone "High Good" in a local store called "Dollar Store". It costs SEK 30 or aprox. $4US. Did not bother bying one. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.duplo)

  Forthcoming MEGABLOKS ventures

According to (URL) there’s an animated DVD slated for Fall 2004 based on the Dragons product line. I watched the trailer without sound (due to workplace constraints), and the CGI looked to be on par with most other stuff I’ve seen (which is (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

(...) ...snip... (...) Wow! I had no idea those were the numbers in the preschool block market. Kevin (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

FUT: lgunet.mediawatch One person could create an account like "lugnet" with a password of "lugnet" and then post that they had done so here. This would enable everyone from Lugnet to sign-in with the same UN/PW. "Jeff Barnas" <jmbarnas@yahoo.com> (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yes. (Re: Yes or No: Is MegaBloks doing Star Trek?)

(...) Gaaah! I posted my other reply just moments ago. Please disregard that one. Dave! (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yes or No: Is MegaBloks doing Star Trek?

(...) I can't find anything, alas; not even a clear link between "Star Trek" and "MEGABLOKS" or "Ritvik" anywhere. This could be supercool or super-lousy, depending on how it's executed. I'll keep searching for more info. Where did you see the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Yes. (Re: Yes or No: Is MegaBloks doing Star Trek?)

(...) OK, I saw a credible report this morning (no pictures though). (URL) - search for Trek; but it will scroll off within a couple days and is just a brief blurb. The respondant, Rob, co-runs the site is 100% reliable. It is one set, the D, with (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

Article originally posted www.kansascity.com of the Kansas City Star: BLOCK PARTY Lego will join Canada's Mega Bloks in offering toddlers oversize bricks By JOSEPH PEREIRA and CHRISTOPHER J. CHIPELLO The Wall Street Journal The building-block wars (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Yes or No: Is MegaBloks doing Star Trek?

I saw a barely-credible report that they showed a 1701-D with Picard figure at Toy Fair this week, for summer release. None of the sites I've seen have any coverage, but that's hardly surprising. Does anyone have any positive (or negative) (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

(...) How about someone just paste the text in here? Giving credit to the original website please.... -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Re: Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

(...) DO YOU HAVE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT? IF YOU DO CAN ANYONE COPY THE ARTICLE AND EMAIL IT TO ME PLEASE? - JEFF (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Adding part updates (and clone parts)

(...) Fortunately, I had already made some small steps in that direction prior to Matthew's debut! (And my clone-collaborator wasn't involved in the birth at all, so his efforts have proceeded unabated.) (...) Oh, that... The well-designed site (as (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Adding part updates (and clone parts)

(...) Since it's been about a month now, I figure it's time to check up on this again. Anything happening here, or is it now a hopelessly lost cause. Given the recent happy announcement, I'm assuming it's been indefinitely put off. By the way, where (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Not just another Mega Bloks vs. Lego article

There are some really interesting tidbits about Lego and Mega Bloks in this article from the Kansas City Star (requires registration to view): (URL) there is a lot in here that is general knowledge, including a concise report on the falling numbers (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Art Asylum Mini-Mates blocks

(...) Well, I'm flummoxed. It seems unlikely to me that LEGO would provide true-LEGO bricks without requiring a clear indication on the packaging, but I can't imagine, given TLG's successful litigation against Coko/Shifty, that TLG would allow a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

  Art Asylum Mini-Mates blocks

from Raving Toy Maniac's coverage of Toy Fair 2004: (URL) my fav so far is the Javelin 7 another set from Toy News International: (URL) in both pics, it's obvious that several pieces are direct COPIES of Lego pieces. I wonder if Art Asylum bought a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact