 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1997
Re: Any info on DDR clone PeBe?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.de
Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:38:08 GMT

Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
Hi!

Does anybody have any information about the East German clone brand
PeBe? The official web-site is about the least informative web-site
I've ever seen (www.pebe.de) - and I've only been able to find very
little other info on the net, like this:
http://www.planet-interkom.de/lfreak/imitat.htm

But as I've aquired PeBe set 180 (Model Team Truck), I would like to
know a little more about this clone.

What I was really glad to find in PeBe was what I've been missing in
LEGO for many years: connectors to get two bricks to connect
seamlessly bottom-to-bottom.

Hello Arne,

I could help you because I'm growing up in East German (GDR). And for
many years I used LEGO and PeBe together. I neither seen a fan page
nor a official web-site for this. The connection isn't as stable as
LEGO and there aren't such a lot of colors and different parts. But
I think that the Roof-Parts (Slopes) are better than the LEGO ones,
because they have only the basic-forms (inner corner, outer corner,
1-, 2- and 4-long normal slopes). But in this way you need a ground
(with studs) to build with them. You can see some examples with both
systems using together at brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=BBroich

The castles and the villa uses PeBe inside, as roof or in the wall.

LEGO and PeBe fits nearly 98% together. I tested it and the proportion
is 81:80 (LEGO:PeBe) bricks in height if I remember correctly.

For more infos everyone can contact me.

CU Bernd