 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1765
Re: Apocryphal Blacktron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:52:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler wrote:
<http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b_mek01a.jpg
<http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b_mek01b.jpg
<http://members.bellatlantic.net/~drteeth1/images/b_mek01c.jpg

I really like this MOC, except for the third/hind leg. To me, it just looks
like it's dragging.  I think it makes me want to see the mech with a tail
instead though.

BTW, are the knees articulated or not?  I couldn't quite tell from the
images. I really like the rounded underside of the feet. Maybe we could see a
'sprinting' pose?

  Yeah, the leg positioning wasn't great, I admit.  Each leg is articulated at
the hip, knee, and ankle, and the feet have articulated front "toes."  I'm not
thrilled with the rear leg either, but I cheated and just tweaked the left- and
right- leg elements slightly.  I'll probably modify it.
  I'd really like to do a pose with the front two legs splayed somewhat and the
rear leg flexed as though preparing to spring, but that'll take some fiddling.
  The rounded underside of the feet consists of a few of those cool MB lateral
hinge bricks, seen on edge.  The same hinges are used in the right arm and in
the forward-mounted antennae/lasers/fishing rods/whatchamacallits on the "chin."
   Thanks as always for the feedback!  What do you think of the more sparing use
of yellow?

     Dave!