 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1762
Re: Mega Bloks and Bandai Join Forces in Japan and Asia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:56:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Ka-On Lee wrote:
The latest ToyboxDX rumble have news about Bandai co-operating with Mega
Bloks

<http://toyboxst.inwards.com/rumblizer/view.php?article_key=165>

Here are some press releases I found though Google news:

<http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20030610wo14.htm>
<http://www.newswire.ca/releases/June2003/09/c0885.html>

They can seriously challenge LEGO's market share in Asia since Bandai holds
many popular intellectual properties and is very good at promotion. If they
make Mega Bloks Gundams I may actually start buying Mega Bloks.

  They've already got a license deal involving the Power Rangers--isn't that
Saban?  I don't know anything about the Gundam-style genre, so I don't know
which company owns which properties.
  Anyway, I'm delighted to see that they plan to market the sets outside of
Asia.  If anyone spots them in the US, please let me know.

  Thanks for the info!

     Dave!