 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1761
Re: Mega Bloks and Bandai Join Forces in Japan and Asia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 14:51:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Christopher Snead wrote:
The blocks don't stay together at all!

I really disagree with this, and it matters a lot when you made your
purchase. I find MB quality to be quite good and MB purchases may actually be
the bulk of my new purchases.  I'm sure not buying too much junk like
Galidork or Bionickles (although I have some of the latter).

  Ugh.  I have some of the former, and I am convinced that it is the harbinger
of The End Times.  Absolutely awful.

  Anyway, I naturally second your assertion re: improving MB quality.  A recent
frenzy of brick-sorting has revealed to me that my not-terribly-small collection
of bricks is somewhat more than 80% clone bricks, with MB making up about 95% of
the clones.  The most consistently disappointing bricks, in terms of
clutch-power, are the translucent elements from the mid nineties.  Since that
time, there's been a steady, noticeable improvement in quality.
  At this point someone will usually say "I built Set X and it fell apart under
its own weight, so I threw it out (or burned it, or smashed it, or fed it to a
dog, or whatever)".  I assert that these people are either: