 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1692 (-20)
  Re: New ProBuilder Set?

(...) Well, "cheap" is in the eye of the beholder. Here again is the POV-Ray rendering of half of the set: (URL) YMMV, but in terms of minifig scale I definitely prefer it to something like (URL) the MegaBloks sets are marketed toward a different (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New ProBuilder Set?

I have this set- I won an auction for an aircraft carrier and the seller threw in the construction vehicles as a bonus. Not too bad and not too great either. I don't like the wheels- too cheaply made and the stickers make them look even cheaper. I'd (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New ProBuilder Set?

(...) I snagged one on Ebay last year, but that's the only place I've found it (which is exactly *one* more source than I've found for another alleged clone product...). It's a pretty good design, using almost exclusively basic elements. No unique (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New ProBuilder Set?

(...) I have either seen these in the flesh or seen them in a catalogue. I guess I assumed you knew about them. [The Great Clone Hoax day 30] -- Hop-Frog (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New ProBuilder Set?

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Dave Schuler writes: Once again this set has appeared: (URL) Not my auction, and I won't be bidding. I've never seen this set at a retailer, nor in any MegaBloks catalog. Mysterious! Dave! (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Technic clones?

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HCnynu.11KG@lugnet.com... (...) it is not so cool man it's sux it meant clones are chasing lego but lego isn't escaping TLC is going forward a little bit slowly we have just 2 sometimes 3 (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Technic clones?

*trimmed lugnet.technic* (...) Cool! How many bricks were you able to stack and what brand? For those who don't know the "DNA-spiral" see it here: (URL) regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Technic clones?

hi tobbe not long ago you send my your dna particle build with 2x4 bricks and you said it will probably be unable to build it with clones i thought it is true but few days ago i found in the shop some kind of clone i opend the box and joined some (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Anyone familiar with this brand?

hi im from poland i did touch those bricks if you wanna know something - ask :) pixel "Dave Schuler!" <dschuler@federatedinv.com> wrote in message news:HCF9yt.nM3@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Technic clones?

(...) Sounds like a remake of LEGO's "Technic" 2 x 4 from 1975: (URL) don't know but I added lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands hopefully this will help! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New Dragons sets, sort of...

(...) In retrospect, I may have been in error about Target, but I know that I'd seen them in at least two retailers. Just this morning I saw them at my local KMart for the first time, too. The piece counts are about 29 and 30 for the ballista and (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Anyone familiar with this brand?

(...) Whoa, these are awesome! I must acquire some... Thank you very much for the link! Dave! (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Anyone familiar with this brand?

Cobi is a Polish company. Try (URL) for their home page & click on the English flag for an english version. Some of the models look cool, but I just don't know how to get them. I do believe that they bought the Block-Men molds. Paul (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: MegaBloks site updated

(...) about a contest to win one of the new, as-yet-unreleased Man-o-War Dragons ships. (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Anyone familiar with this brand?

(...) Very interesting. Depending on compatibility and quality those could be very useful. -Mike Petrucelli (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Anyone familiar with this brand?

(URL) I've never seen it in person, but some of the sets look cool. At a glance I'd say they look to be compatible, and some of the elements appear to be from the same (or similar) molds that the now-apparently-defunct brand Block-Men used. If I'm (...) (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Czech and mate

(URL) sure if that's an official site, but it's cool! (22 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Where did the lego's go?

(...) I found the set #'s to two of the Mega-Blok buckets: 974 and 976. I couldn't get to the other ones because they had been put away. These are the same buckets I've seen in Wal-Mart for $10. I underestimated when I said we had 300 buckets. We (...) (22 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  New Dragons Set: Fire Mountain

Don't have a lot of details, but I saw it at Kohl's for $25.99 (which means that MSRP is probably $20.00). 80 pieces (not great) including modular terrain forms similar to what we've seen in other Dragons sets, but in this kit they're dark gray to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Shifty soldiers with dodgy shakos...

(...) I purchased mine at a market stall. Most of the boxes weren't sealed, so I checked all the pirate sets (and one or two others) to see which torso designs were included. The stall holder didn't mind too much, but his level of annoyance (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact