 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1609
Re: Wal*Mart truck clone!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:16:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Paul Maxwell writes:
This set is definitly a Coko set. I have enough Coko to match these bricks and
the minifigs against. Coko 100%... Instructions Coko style too.

  I over-stated the apparent duplication of parts in the Wal*Mart set;
several distinctive pieces are very similar but are undeniably different
enough not to have come from direct copies of molds.  I also just noticed
that the underside of the steering wheel (the 1x2 tile base) has "Coko"
embossed on it.  If it's not Coko, then it's a brand called Coko!

I also would like to see Coko developing sets again for the US market... Even
if it is through Wal-Mart.

  I agree completely!  The more competitors, the better our field of choices
will be!
  I was somewhat disappointed that 150+ of the 484 parts in the set were
white 1x2 bricks, but i would never accuse them of padding the parts count.
Not me.  Never.

     Dave!