 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1608
  Re: Wal*Mart truck clone!

This set is definitly a Coko set. I have enough Coko to match these bricks and the minifigs against. Coko 100%... Instructions Coko style too. I also would like to see Coko developing sets again for the US market... Even if it is through Wal-Mart. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Wal*Mart truck clone!

(...) I over-stated the apparent duplication of parts in the Wal*Mart set; several distinctive pieces are very similar but are undeniably different enough not to have come from direct copies of molds. I also just noticed that the underside of the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Wal*Mart truck clone!

(...) SNIP Howbout a Coko cobana? ;)) Jeff (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Wal*Mart truck clone!

(...) This should be interesting in light of the TLC infringement victory (in China) that hit the wire-services today (see .mediawatch). Since this appears to be a Coko set, and TLC just won 33 of the claimed infringements against Coko, I wonder if (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Wal*Mart truck clone!

(...) I'm bginning to see this set in more stores now. One store I visted today already had it on clearance, which I thought was odd. Upon asking about this, I was told... "that was one of the things that was supposed to be here for christmas, but (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)