 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1568
Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:58:54 GMT

Request Followups To:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
(Are LGB and Playmo 'Clones' to Lego trains?)

I['ll take you up on that one- yes, if Lego trains are a clone to Hornby O
gauge...

Seriously, LGB has been around since ~72 or so, and Playmobiles first train
(HIT/PLAY train by Faller) was out certanly by the mid 70's.  So, no I don't
think that they are clones, just that they have all evolved to fill a similar
space (the LGB plastic toy train stuff, the Playmobile and Lego)

James P