 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1444
Re: Still fiddling with HES Sirius
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 02:45:35 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Can't help myself.  Bad habits.  :-)

http://www.ozbricks.com/portblock/yar/017.htm

Dude, that's pretty sweet!  The starfuries look good, but I agree that
there should be some form of enclosed docking arm for the pilots.  But given
the size of the Sirius relative to the fighters, that may not be possible.

Mmmmm.  Tried a bunch of different ways.  Next best is to dangle them below
a docking arm, underneath the ship, which is cool, but means the ship can't
land.

I'm not really attached to landing per se, but since the ship has to sit
around on a shelf anyway, it just seems to make sense to let it do so
without needing a stand.

Love the configuration of the main engine, and the ribbing all along the
side of the hull.  If you ever do another one, I would double the size the
main hull to be more compatible with the size of the bridge.

Double the width presumeably.  Love to.  Need more bricks :-)

I had a similar configuration on one of my corvettes and it looked a bit
awkward:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~tpruden3/TDFOsiris.html

Sweet design overall.  I think you have integrated the clone brick very
well.  I like!

Say, where does the shuttle attach?  On the side of the ship?

There are 6 docking ports she can attach to - whichever one seems handiest I
guess.  I tend to use the lower, aft facing port (in front of the engines).

On other question: having vertical thrusters positioned on airlock arm would
be a lot of stress, would it not?  Just a thought.

Mmmmm.  Might need to move them.

Richard
Still baldly going...